PUREB2B Privacy Notice
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 22, 2018
We at PUREB2B respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. In this Privacy Notice (“Notice”), we describe how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain through our website www.PureB2B.com (the “Site”) and how we use and disclose that information. This Notice applies only to www.PureB2B.com and not to the websites of any affiliated businesses.
With respect to the collection of your information, if you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted information and would like to review, correct or remove it from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting and using the Site, you are deemed to have agreed to the provisions of this Privacy Notice, unless you are in the EEA or Switzerland in which case you are acknowledging that you have been provided this Privacy Notice.
- What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site.
Information We Collect Directly From You. If you subscribe to our newsletters or complete the web form on the Contact Us page, we ask you to fill out a brief form that requests information such as your name, company, title, e-mail address, and telephone, as well as your areas of interest and of course the content of your message to us. Similarly, if you provide comments on any blog or community page we may host, you will need to log in – although you may do that via your social network account such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.
Of course, if you have given us permission to send you surveys, we collect information from you when you respond to a survey.
Our Site may include social media features, such as the Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter buttons. These features may also collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie (see below) to enable the feature to function properly. These features may also give you the option to post information about your activities on our Site to your profile page to share with others within your network. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
- How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries or request for information, and for other marketing and client service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site.
- For marketing purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, or to otherwise contact you about services or information we think may interest you.
- To better understand how visitors access and use our Site, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and respond to member desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
If we would like to use your personal information for any purposes other than those described, we will obtain your prior consent.
- How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Other Site Visitors. If you post a comment on the blog pages or any other public area of the Site, your comment and identity will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site. This does not apply to any information you provide in a Contact Us inquiry.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Notice.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another organization, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another organization, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other organization.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share demographic information in aggregate terms for reporting purposes, research, or similar purposes.
We only share personal information with our service providers for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We require that these parties only process the personal information for limited and specified purposes consistent with this Notice.
If we would like to share your personal information for any purposes other than those described, we will obtain your prior consent.
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We typically only retain your information for the time necessary to realize our legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
We will typically retain personal information for the longer of the period a) required by law or b) a time-bound determination business need.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse most areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
- User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site and provide responses to our blog, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Notice, the law, or your personal privacy.
- Third-Party Links
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites and social media. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Notice, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
- Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
- Access To My Personal Information
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by contacting us and requesting a copy of whatever identifiable information you have provided to us. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic solicitations or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
- Children’s privacy
Our Site is not intended for children under the age of 16.
We do not knowingly collect information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal on the Site from a child under age 16, we will delete that information promptly. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Visiting our Site from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information will typically be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
- Visiting our Site from the European Economic Area (EEA)
The Legal Basis for Using European Personal Information
When we collect information about you through our Site and you have not applied to participate in our Programs as a startup or an expert, the legal basis on which we process your personal information is fulfillment of an agreement between us, namely, to provide you with the internship/employment consideration or the PUREB2B Newsletters and other information marketing in response to your request.
To the extent that we transfer personal information from the EEA to a jurisdiction outside the EEA that has not been adduced by the European Commission as providing adequate data protections (such as the US), we will ensure that such personal information is safeguarded through appropriate contractual terms.
Rights for EEA Residents
In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to:
- Find out if we use your personal information, to access your personal information, and receive copies of your personal information.
- Withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your personal information at any time without penalty.
- Access your personal information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Obtain a transferable copy of some of your personal information which can be transferred to another provider when the personal information was processed based on your consent.
- If you believe your personal information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- Request your personal information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if PUREB2B is using your personal information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your personal information be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us at the Contact Us details below.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your personal information in violation of the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (also known as Data Protection Authority) in your EEA country. For our operations within the EEA, our Lead Supervisory Authority is the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk)
- Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or would like to make a complaint about this Notice, please contact us:
call us at 1-978-887-0010; or
e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
write us at PUREB2B, 17 Main Street, Topsfield, MA 01983
Changes to this Notice
This Notice is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Notice from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Notice on our Site, at https://pureb2b.com/privacy-policy/. If we make any changes to this Notice that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.