The Inspire to Act Holiday Initiative 2019
Inspire to Act is an initiative started last year at PureB2B. This year, our employees had the chance to work together across 12 teams to come up with a mission that they strongly believe in. The initiative was able to generate positivity and a sense of impact during a time where giving is top of mind. Donations touched causes from diseases like cancer and Alzheimer’s, to disasters like ocean pollution and the Amazon forest fires, to hunger, infertility, and poverty. Chosen charities include:
helps those with cancer learn about treatment options, side effects of treatments, and places to stay if a patient needs to be treated far from home. The American Cancer Society also performs research to find better treatments, uncover causes of cancer and, hopefully, one day find a cure.
- Unite for Her provides alternative/complementary therapies to breast (and ovarian) cancer patients.
- The Jimmy Fund makes it possible for children and adults—as well as their families—to benefit from the love and compassion of an entire community devoted to the eradication of cancer. A donation to The Jimmy Fund also goes toward critical research and scientific work to find more advanced treatments and, ultimately, a cure.
- The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. The organization’s mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
- 4ocean offers bracelets made from recycled materials. Every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines.
- Meals on Wheels is a national organization dedicated to delivering nutritious meals to seniors who lack the support and access to obtain a well-balanced meal.
- Feeding America is a hunger relief organization with a nationwide network of food banks feeding the hungry.
- RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association works to improve the lives of women and men living with infertility and is dedicated to ensuring that all people challenged in their family building journey reach resolution.
- Life Acts provides food to over 5,000 people a month, school supplies to thousands of children in low-income areas, gift boxes to victims of human trafficking, Christmas gifts to orphans, and so much more.
- The Amazon Forest Fund is managed by Earth Alliance to fight deforestation in the Amazon rainforest. Funds are being distributed directly to indigenous communities and other local partners combating the fires, protecting indigenous lands, and providing relief to the communities impacted.
A number of our teams chose to use the opportunity to take care of our own and give to PureB2B’s fund for the victims of the earthquakes in the Philippines, which directly affected our own employees in the region, leaving some temporarily homeless. Our thoughts and prayers are with our fellow colleagues on the other side of the globe!
Beyond what each team was given to allocate, some individuals were inspired to fundraise or donate additionally as a random act of kindness. We’re so thankful for the ability to give back and hope you’ll join us in paying it forward into 2020.
The Personalization for Lead Development Guideposted on December 19, 2020
How Sales Prospecting Can Influence Lead Generationposted on May 11, 2021
Are Your Lead Conversion Rates Above Average?posted on December 5, 2016
Lead Generation through LinkedIn: A B2B Guideposted on January 26, 2016