30 Sales and Marketing Stats You Need to Know for 2019
It’s Q2 2019, do you know where your sales and marketing statistics are? We like to keep a finger on the pulse of the B2B marketing funnels and sales pipelines world and thought we would share some interesting insights with you. Staying on top of sales and marketing trends like these can help you gain a new perspective on your own strategies and even help you initiate a campaign or channel pivot. Read on and enjoy!
B2B Buying Process
- Most B2B buyers are already 57% of the way through the buying process before the first meeting with a representative. (Accenture, 2018)
- 57% of B2B marketers reported their biggest challenge is getting targeted prospects to engage
B2B Marketing Tactics
- Companies using ABM generate 208% more revenue from their marketing efforts
- SiriusDecisions has reported 91% of marketers that use ABM have indicated a larger deal size, with 25% stating their deal size being over 50% larger.
- 46% of marketers are planning to implement/test ABM in 2019
- 30% of B2B marketers consider content syndication their most successful lead generation tactic
- 96% of the most successful B2B content marketers say audiences view their company as a trusted resource
- 56% of B2B marketers have increased spend for 2019 on content creation
- 30% of B2B marketers believe paid advertising (billboards, outdoor, print) is overrated
- 60% of B2B marketers create at least one piece of content per day
- Only 42% of marketers are talking to their customers to understand their needs when it comes to content
- 70% of marketers are using paid distribution on social media; 64% are using PPC or search engine advertising
- By the end of 2019, Cisco estimates 80% of all web traffic will be video
- Only 25% of marketers are highly confident they can quantify ROI
- 38% of B2B marketers don’t believe their outbound marketing strategy is effective
- 23% of emails never make it to their intended recipient (Sendgrid, 2018)
- 49% of B2B marketers reported email as their top ROI generated marketing tactic.
- 91% percent of B2B marketers are doing content marketing. (Content Marketing Institute, 2018)
- 63% of marketers said generating traffic and leads was their biggest challenge in 2018 (Hubspot, state of Inbound)
- 71% of B2B marketers reported old/outdated data as their primary challenge for maintaining data quality.
- 67% of B2B marketers report their #1 goal is increasing sales leads
- 53% of marketers have revenue focused quotes
- Only 53% of B2B sellers in 2019 expect to make their quota.
- 58% of sales teams are increasing in size in 2019
- 18% of sales professionals don’t know what a CRM is
- 40% of sellers believe prospecting is significantly harder than 2-3 years ago
- 38% of sellers say they source lead for themselves, vs. 28% rely on leads from marketing
- 19% of sellers are spending more than 60 minutes per day on data entry
If you liked those stats, how about these?
- SMG saw a 61% MQL to SAL conversion rate with PureSyndication
- Utilizing PureResearch, Sidecar gained 156 new opportunities
- PureSyndication provided the 2nd lowest CPL of all SMG marketing sources
- Sidecar measured a 20x ROI with PureResearch
You don’t have to face the daunting task of lead generation alone! Check out this whitepaper for tips on choosing the right lead generation partner.